To our valued customers, vendors and community:
First and foremost, we thank you for your continued business and want you to know we are open for business as of this writing. Customers should notice no substantial change in the way they do business with us.
However, in order to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 on our workplace, and with the goal of maintaining full operational capacity and customer service, we have implemented internal protocols, as well as protocols that affect our customers, vendors and other visitors to our facilities.
We are following best practices suggested by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local authorities. We are additionally developing contingency plans for the adjustment of operational activities under the following circumstances:
- If an employee would be diagnosed with COVID-19
- If a regional escalation of confirmed cases occurs
- If directed by local, state or federal authorities
These contingencies will put the safety and wellness of our employees and customers at the highest priority and will follow government-issued recommendations or mandates. Any such additional operational protocols will be updated here on our website.
Best practices & protocols currently in place for employees:
- Employees are expected to practice social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet, and to limit meetings and other gatherings to fewer than 10 people.
- Increased hand-washing and cleaning of commonly touched surfaces is being performed.
- Employees who are sick are expected to stay home.
- Employees who have a sick or symptomatic family member at home, or a family member who has been advised to self-quarantine, are expected to stay home.
- Non-essential travel is suspended until further notice.
Best practices & protocols currently in place for visitors:
- “Walk-in” sales are currently prohibited. Customers wishing to purchase product here at our headquarters in Meadville, PA are not permitted to enter the building. They are asked to call ahead to the receptionist desk, or upon arrival, so the Shipping department can deliver their package(s) to their vehicle when it’s ready.
- Access by vendors to our facilities must be reviewed for necessity and approved in advance. If approved, visitors will be notified, as will the department/area in which the vendor will be working, and the vendor will be informed of rules to be followed when checking-in and while they are on-site. These rules include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a 10-foot physical separation from employees.
- Areas of contact by the vendor are to be cleaned thoroughly upon departure.
- Vendors are not to leave the area in which they are designated to be.
- Access to our facilities by sales representatives and other non-essential visitors is prohibited until further notice, except in cases where their presence has been deemed operationally necessary and approved per the rules for vendors above.
Ernst Conservation Seeds is committed to continuation of operations in the best interest of our customers and their product needs. But our ultimate responsibility is to our fellow man – beginning here at home with our employees and their families, and extending to you, our valued customers and those with whom we do business. We will weather this international health crisis and navigate these uncharted waters together, knowing that we share a common desire to be here for one another when the threat subsides.
Calvin Ernst, President